Subject: Re: 68060
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/2002 14:50:47
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 02:24:42PM -0800, Dan Smith wrote:

> I was wondering if sticking a 68060 into one of my older Macs would
> work for NetBSD? I happen to have one laying around doing nothing.

a raw chip, or accelerator board?

as far as I know, a raw 68060 isn't pin compatible with anything except
itself, in which case it would be impossible to put it into one of your
older macs.  (unless you have nimble fingers, are well practiced in
surface mount soldering, and have full electrical and layout specs,
etc...)

      "[...] I generally haven't found IDM guys to be very good
       live acts, most of them just sit down at their laptop and
       tweak reaktor."  -- Brandon Daniel