Subject: Re: Some compiling/building problems
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/2002 10:21:38
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:29:24PM -0800, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> > Actually, I'm not trying to upgrade anything, just build a kernel.  The
> > machine I'm using for the build is the only 68k machine I have with disk
> > space, else I'd build it elsewhere.  I'm actually going to use it on my
> > home machine, which is even slightly more hideous.
>
> Hrm.
>
> And a checkout of netbsd-1-4 cannot be built properly on your
> system?

My config is probably out of sync.  I'm not sure what version of config is
installed on the thing -- it depends on what the last kernel I built was.
I think my config was too new for the sources in question.  It grumbled
about deprecated options, then gave a syntax error or three.  Like I said,
franken-nix.

> If so, that's strange.
>
> (If you just did a cvs checkout or a cvs update without a -r flag,
> then you've got -current source, which is not what you want, it
> sounds like.)

I pulled the 1.4 and 1.4.1 sources from tarballs, so no issue there.
Anyway, I'm installing the latest -current snapshot on a spare 68k box.

> Plenty of people still run 1.4, no reason to be ashamed of that. :^>

Nah, just a little ashamed of its franken status.  Pieces of 1.3.x, 1.4,
slightly newer than 1.4, and various security updates built from whatever
was then-current....

David

                    Check out my weekly web comic:
                     http://www.techmagazine.org