Subject: Re: new snapshot
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/2002 09:50:09
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

: Actually, I think we should be following i386's example, and have both
: EXEC_AOUT and EXEC_ELF32 in std.mac68k, and nuke COMPAT_AOUT from
: GENERIC and GENERICSBC. "/usr/libexec/ld.so" already looks in
: "/emul/aout" for shared libraries and "ld.so.conf", so all COMPAT_AOUT
: can do is confuse shells.

COMPAT_AOUT != COMPAT_AOUT_M68K.

a.out binaries on m68k have a different struct-alignment value from ELF, so
syscalls on a.out really *are* different from those on ELF for m68k.
There's an honest-to-goodness translation going on; see
src/sys/compat/aoutm68k.

: Right. "mv iwm.s iwm.S; cvs rm iwm.s; cvs add iwm.S; cvs diff" should
: produce a patch that'll do the right thing. I'll post a complete patch
: here, once I've seen it all build once.

s/cvs diff/& -N/

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/