Subject: Some compiling/building problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2002 14:31:18
I'm trying to build a test kernel (-current snapshot), and I'm getting
hundreds of errors from the assembler.  I'm using a toolchain from...
well, the last time I downloaded NetBSD binaries... probably ca 1999, so
no surprise that there are issues.  I'd compile sources from 1.4-ish, but
I couldn't even get past running config on 1.4 or 1.4.1 sources (even
after upgrading config to the latest version).

Anyway, what problems should I expect if I build and install a current as
from sources and install it into my current system?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David

                    Check out my weekly web comic:
                     http://www.techmagazine.org