Subject: Re: ELF package binaries for NetBSD-current
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2002 15:09:16
On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 11:29:38AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> Cool. I didn't find it yesterday, but I'll look again.

Cool.  It's also now on ftp.netbsd.org.  The booter manual on
www.netbsd.org is out of date now, though.  That should be updated
sometime, but until then, there is the BooterManual.tar file in the
same directory as the booter.

> Yes, at first. After a time, it was discovered that most of the
> "lettered" package directories (1.4R, 1.3H and so on) had nothing but
> one-offs, that didn't even have all the pre-requisites to install, and
> weren't likely to work on any machine except the machine they were built on.

Ah, yes.  Vague memories are rising...  :-P

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...