Subject: Re: ELF package binaries for NetBSD-current
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2002 11:59:02
On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:51:36AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> > Are there any ELF package binaries available yet?
> No. Of course not! For one thing, the "official" binary format for
> mac68k is still a.out.

For mac68k, yes, but a couple of the other m68k ports have flipped the
switch and the packages should be compatible.

> > I'm running a NetBSD-current ELFNT kernel on my Quadra 840AV, since
> > support for AV Macs was broken in 1.5.2.
> That's good. I've dowloaded the latest snapshot, but copying in
> Booter-2.0.0a2 with hfsutils left the system unbootable, so it's looks
> like I'm going to have to hook up a keyboard and monitor, after all.
> Where do you get the latest Booter, anyway?

You can currently pick it up from ftp.macbsd.com as well as from Nigel's
site.  I need to update ftp.netbsd.org, too, I guess.  Nigel's waiting for
us to do this before he announces it.  [nigel--sorry it's not been done
yet]

> In fact, the consensus is not to offer binaries built against current at
> all, not even on ports that aren't in the midst of a binary format switch.

Didn't we used to do this, though?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...