Subject: Ans: pppd startup from non-root account?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/2001 06:28:32
I fixed my problem of launching a ppp session from a non-root account
by using the sudo command from the packages collection.

As I was wandering through the packages collection I noticed a ppp
package with this cryptic comment in it's history page:
  hubertf	Seems NetBSD 1.5's pppd is not as good as this one,
so make it available for Net...

I've seen some recent comments about how slow the 1.5... versions
are. It might be interesting to compare this package with the built
in version. Right now my phone connection is so slow (max 31 kb/s)
that I don't think I could see any difference.
Tom