Subject: Sleeping an LC III
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <mdb299@soton.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2001 23:25:40
I'm actively (i.e. I will in the end) planning to put NetBSD on my
LCIII (I bought it for that very purpose in fact!) and wondered if
it was able to spin down the hard disks during idle time. I have
two Quantum ProDrive SCSI disks on it (on in, one ext) and they
make noise. It's vitrually silent with them off though. It'd be
nice, as it's gonna be a DNS, to have them shut off when it's idle
as disk access will be largely unnecessary apart from booting and
shutting down.

--

Mark Benson

aka
	SiliconValleyPirate (EveryMac)
	Kane_NUFC (Yahoo! Messenger)
	SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
	AirportMan (ICQ - 70745942)

Sent using Mac OS X Mail

'It's like an airplane. When you really get down to wanting to fly
from one place to another, it's not very much a free market. You
don't get to bid for the tail and the wing. Somebody puts it
together and says, this is an airplane, I guarantee it, lets go fly'
	-Bill Gates - 1983