Subject: initgroups
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2001 01:17:39
Ok...I did something really stupid.  I was using Webmin and wanted to change my UID.  After I changed it, I tried sshing into the server and now I can't.  Fortunately I still have an open ssh connection so I can make changes.

The error that is showing in the logs is:
Dec  2 21:32:38 cab sshd[3578]: Accepted password for edljedi from [my home ip] port 29470
Dec  2 21:32:38 cab sshd[3579]: initgroups(edljedi,0): Invalid argument

What did Webmin do and how do I fix it?  Adding new users get the same message.
--

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ryan La Riviere

System Administrator; Drexel University