Subject: Re: export and packages
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/2001 18:38:30
On 11/30/01 somewhere around the time of 5:30 PM -0600, Dave Huang spoke about "Re: export and packages":

>On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Ryan La Riviere wrote:
>> I was reading the instructions from the CD: INSTALL.html
>>
>> they had: export PKG_PATH=[ftp address]
>> then: pkg_add -v [package name]
>
>Ah, okay... I guess it'd be nice if it mentioned the csh way of doing
>things, since that's root's default shell on NetBSD :)
>
>setenv PKG_PATH [ftp address]
>pkg_add -v [package name]
>
>should do the trick then...

It's doing fine...now I have to figure out why it's not properly resolving the DNS name.

nslookup shows the correct IP address.  When I use pkg_add, it looks like the spawned ftp process is trying to use IPv6 addresses (hex instead of decimal).

Setting this whole machine up is turning out to be one of those problems where, in order to solve this problem, you need to solve this other problem...but to solve this other problem you have to solve this third problem...etc...

I had forgotten how much fun setting up a new machine was.  Tinker tinker.  hehe.
--

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ryan La Riviere

System Administrator; Drexel University