Subject: Re: export and packages
To: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/2001 17:04:04
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Ryan La Riviere wrote:
> Um...which .tgz installs the export command when installing from CD?
>
> I had, I thought, installed all the pieces to NBDS (except the
> X-Window stuff) but export isn't there.
>
> The reason I ask is I want to install packages from the NetBSD ftp
> server and one of the instructions says to use the export
> command...which isn't there (or at least it's not in any of the
> executable paths.

The only export command I know of is the sh builtin... if you're using
csh instead (which is the default), "setenv" is basically the
equivalent. Which instruction file is this? To install packages, I just
use pkg_add whatever-1.2.tgz

If the instructions say to do something like:

SOMESETTING=hello
export SOMESETTING

try using:

setenv SOMESETTING hello

instead.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++