Subject: HD activity = crash?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/2001 05:33:00
I think I've pushed my NetBSD 1.4.2 machine too far -- I've started
running a rather HD-heavy process and this will bring down the system after
extended hard drive activity. It doesn't even go into the debugger; it
just hangs. However, before it stayed up for weeks without complaint.

I've tried putting the HD into its own powered enclosure just in case
it was a power drain, and that doesn't make a difference.

Memory checks out. (It has 128MB.)

I built the SBC kernel and ran that, and that doesn't make a difference.

Other suggestions? This is a Quantum Fireball 2.0GB drive, connected to
a Mac IIci with Daystar 50MHz '030 + FPU, 1.4.2 + Daystar patches, 128MB
RAM. Is 1.5 more stable in this regard?

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim. -- M:I ----