Subject: installing NetBSD on an IDE HD
To: mac68k NetBSD Mail List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: ausias vives prat <ausias@jazzfree.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/2001 17:10:23
Hi,

I am trying to install NetBSD 1.5.2 in the internal IDE disk of a performa 630,
now I am running netbsd on a external SCSI disk with the patched kernel,  my
situation is the following:

- the kernel recognizes well the wd0 IDE disk

wdc0 at obio0 (quadra/Performa series IDE interface)
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
wd0: 1536MB, 3121 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sec x 3145968 sectors
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2

- in order to create the file system and install NetBSD on the IDE disk I need
to create the wd0 devices, I guess

I have read that there is some patched MAKEDEV with IDE support, is this true?
where can I get it? or there is another way of making the IDE devices?

Thanks for your help.