Subject: Re: Quadra 840AV
To: Ryan La Riviere <larz@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/2001 17:41:19
On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 05:34:53PM -0500, Ryan La Riviere wrote:
> I'm currently trying to install NetBSD and OpenBSD on them (each
> OS is giving me a different problem; NetBSD is giving me the panic:
> no init problem that many on the list over the years have talked

I think this is finally fixed, if it's what I think it is.  I'm
certainly running NetBSD-current on a Q840av here, now.  Disk
accesses are slow, but it's working fine--even running X.  Trying
to run Basilisk-II is killing it, though, and I haven't taken the
time to figure out why (Format exception).

I've borrowed one from gr (who, incidentally, is also in SE PA)...
Just need to find time to hack on it...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...