Subject: Re: booting custom kernel
To: None <charlie.root@pandora.be>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/2001 01:12:35
> That is about what I did, athough I could have made a mistake of courseŠ
> And as far as the hardware is concerned (=dmesg info), i'm pretty
> much aware of what they do and of which options I definitely do not
> need.
> But does that mean that as long as the hardware-related options are
> correct, the machine should boot? (because in that case, I must've
> made a mistake)

There is a bug that I think has never been resolved: kernels compiled
without the debugger do not work.

As it appears that nobody has created a PR, I have done so now. Perhaps
this will be fixed as we move towards 1.5.3 - ELF and IDE support are
exciting! But being able to choose to exclude the debugger is good, too.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs