Subject: Re:quadra 630 ide support
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/2001 11:27:43
Hi,

# Are you timweb@earthlink.net?

>>>>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:59:10 +0900 (JST), tkuwata@virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Takeo Kuwata) said:

Takeo> Sorry, I directly mailed to Nigel. This is the mail that Nigel reply to.
Takeo> I can use NetBSD on my Performa 630 without SCSI devices using kernel with IDE
Takeo> patch, which were made by Takeshi Shibagaki. (Please refer "Re: AV Weirdness".)
Takeo> http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ie9t-sbgk/NetBSD/ide_support/netbsd+wdc+espfix-1.5Y.
Takeo> gz

Foo... At last, my patch has been recognized???

# There was already the original patch at 22 August 2000
# http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2000/08/22/0000.html

Takeo> I used "Booter1.11.5a3" and "Booter2.0.0a3".
Takeo> However, I can not directory boot kernel in IDE HD.
Takeo> Do these Booters support booting from IDE HD?
Takeo> A check on ATA for Root device works, but did not automaticaly select wd0a.
Takeo> I am very happy if booter can recognize wd0a as a root.
Takeo> Is it possible?

I don't implement yet, because I don't know some variables which are gotten
from Booter.

Takeshi Shibagaki
ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp