Subject: Re: Forcing 32-bit addressing in MacOS
To: None <ostampflee@telus.net, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/2001 16:24:45
At 2:06 PM -0800 11/23/01, Owen Stampflee wrote:
>Some of my LCIIs have a dead CMOS battery(and they're like $15 each(I
>only paid $40 for 5 LCIIs)) and the biggest problem I am having is
>automatically
>booting NetBSD...is there away to force 32-bit addressing(ie: turning
>it on, then rebooting) automatically?
>
>So far I have NetBSD installed on 2 of them. Hopefully by the end of
>the weekend I will have it on all 5.

Hmm, last time I bought a 1/2AA, it cost me about 6 or 7 bucks...not
dirt cheap, but nowhere near 15.

At any rate, there are a number of PRAM save/restore utilities on the
Net (check around Info-mac and/or umich, as they're older utilities.
The various utilities work differently...some have you run a "save"
utility that modifies the "restore" utility to include your PRAM
info, others use prefs files/PRAM images, etc. You can set the
restore utility in the startup items folder, & have it named so it
runs b4 the NetBSD booter.

HTH
Mike
--