Subject: I've got ELF - new snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/2001 21:52:47
I'm happy to say, I'm running ELF on my Q650.

Thanks to a seed kernel, patches and hints from Chuck Silvers, and Nigel's
work on the Booter, I was able to build and run an ELF system.  The brave
among you now have the chance to do it yourselves.

In Chuck's own words:

> - grab the ELF-capable booter from:
>        ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/chs/mac68kelf/Booter2.0.0a2.hqx
>   note that this version of the booter only works from mac filesystems,
>   not from FFS filesystems.  nigel's working on fixing this.

Then, get the snapshot at:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/snapshot/elf-20011122/binary/

Install the stuff, don't forget to boot the kernel from the mac filesystem,
and have fun!

I'm likely going to be doing ELF snapshots exclusively for a while, so now
would be a good time to hop aboard the bandwagon.  (If you're so brave. :-)

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

A solemn, unsmiling, sanctimonious old iceberg who looked like he was
waiting for a vacancy in the Trinity.
		-- Mark Twain