Subject: Re: NFS Setup
To: Brian Heath <brian_heath@mac.com>
From: Daniel Parks <daniel@mwdesign.dyndns.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/2001 16:33:13
On Friday, November 23, 2001, at 07:25  AM, Brian Heath wrote:
> Thanks to all who gave me advice on trying to get the NFS server up and
> running on my NetBSD machine. You definitely helped! But up until last
> night, I still was not able to get my OS X machine to talk NFS to
> NetBSD.
> But when I was just about ready to download NFSManager, I found the
> following webpage...
> http://www.funkyres.com/documentation/nfs.php

Huh. All I had to do on OS X was:
# mount /yadda/yadda/blah remote:/exports/blah

and everything worked perfectly. Of course, I already had my NFS
server set up (a MkLinux box). Oh, and I guess I had to fiddle with
UIDs a bit, but it was no sweat (# find / -uid $id -print0 | xargs
-0 chown $user).

That said, it looks like a pretty good guide to getting NetInfo set
up to auto-mount remote filesystems...

Daniel

--
PGP public key: http://mwdesign.dyndns.org/~daniel/publickey.txt
ACA4 FA04 4033 0569 C626  AA1A C489 25A5 5F67 C125