Subject: Re: NFS Setup
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Brian Heath <brian_heath@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/2001 10:25:17
Thanks to all who gave me advice on trying to get the NFS server up and
running on my NetBSD machine. You definitely helped! But up until last
night, I still was not able to get my OS X machine to talk NFS to NetBSD.
But when I was just about ready to download NFSManager, I found the
following webpage...
http://www.funkyres.com/documentation/nfs.php
I think the instructions on the webpage are doing exactly what NFSManager
would have done automatically. I just don't need to pay for anything (I
know, its only $15 :-). The only downside is that you need to reboot the
OS X machine in order to bring the share up. I'm betting there is a way
around that, I just haven't taken time to figure that out yet. I hope
this page may help someone else who's having problems.

Thanks again for everyone's help,

Brian