Subject: Quadra 700 != Mac II
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/2001 10:42:37
Hello Gabriel!

  GR> I've got a Q700 (turned off right now and in a
    > physically different location) that I recall working
    > basically okay (certainly no dance to disable cache)
    > with 1.5 and 1.5.2.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

  GR> I've not really been following this thread (seeing as
    > a *don't* have any Mac IIs), but where and how is this
    > related to the Quadra 700?

Sorry, my mind was wandering slightly and I didn't explain
my situation clearly.  I obtained a Quadra 700 with the
specific intention of running NetBSD on it.  I've installed
a disk drive and it's basically ready to go.  I just need to
add an AAUI 10BaseT transceiver.

A collegue gave me a Mac II that turned out to be fitted
with a Daystar 68030 processor upgrade.  I had asked about
the possibility of running NetBSD on that machine, and was
told that it may be necessary to disable the cache (at least
until I'd patched up the kernel).  Hearing this prompted me
to ask whether it was necessary to disable the cache on my
Quadra 700.

The only real connection between the two machines is that I
have them both here.  Apologies for any confusion caused.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.