Subject: Re: Mac II be or not II be?
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2001 21:19:15
>   CK> My IIci has a Daystar 50MHz '030 PowerCache + FPU
>     > fitted.
>
> Nice.  I still have a PGA 50MHz 68030 in a junk box back in
> Britain.  I gave the 68882 to a friend to use with an Amiga
> accellerator.
>
>   CK> It will not boot the standard kernel without the cache
>     > being turned off in the PowerCache control panel. I
>     > applied patches to my 1.4.2 kernel to get it to run
>     > with cache on, and it seems happy.
>
> Do you happen to know whether the same patches would be
> needed with 1.5.2?

Similar but not the same. Someone out there has the 1.5 patches but 1) I
don't know where I put my copy, since I'm not actively using them and 2)
I don't know if they can be applied against 1.5.2 or -current.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Workers of the world, stand up! You have nothing to lose but your chairs. --