Subject: Re: getty on init
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2001 14:08:29
On 11/20/01 1:29 PM, Owen Stampflee (owenstampflee@telus.net) wrote:

>I have finally got NetBSD installed on one of my LCIIs and when getty starts
>to run (after the "date" in /etc/rc) it a) just freezes b) after removing the
>"Pc" part of the ttye0 getty line in /etc/ttys it says stuff about too fast
>of speed.

Every time I've seen this it was because I had something hooked up to one
of the serial ports that wasn't supported or configured correctly.  In
one case a modem, in another an unsupported printer.

>Also, is it possable to change it so the console is white text on a black
>background?
>The black on white makes my eyes go buggy :(

Don't know about this other than I've noticed when I run the color
Xserver I get white characterrs on a black background.

-bob