Subject: Re: Netatalk etc
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2001 10:07:59
Yes and no.  Netatalk does not support localtalk, but with the addition
of a simple device on the net - such as the Asante localtalk bridge,
you can support localtalk devices.

These little boxes are often sold as printer bridges, and they have
limitations.  For instance, you can only have one of them on a single
segment of ethernet Appletalk, but they work just fine for all
Appletalk traffic that I've tried.  I've tried hooking up computers
and printers, and printing and filesharing work fine.

-dgl-