Subject: Mac II be or not II be?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2001 09:52:21
Hello!

Someone recently lobbed in my general direction a Mac II
that turned out to be fitted with a Daystar 68030 based
processor upgrade.  I'm not sure that it's something I'd
want to do, but I'm wondering whether such a creature is
capable of running NetBSD/mac68k.  The upgrade does not have
a 68882 on board, but has a PGA socket for one.

Hmm...I just spotted Mac II in the list of supported models.
Do all Mac IIs have the 68851 PMMU?  Would NetBSD be happier
on this machine if I removed the 68030 upgrade?

- Andy Ball        ...now where did I put that SE/G4 board?!