Subject: Re: pppd answer dial in calls
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Pat Plummer <ppat@fmtc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2001 06:06:50
On Monday 19 November 2001 04:28, Bruce Anderson wrote:

> RS-422 mini-circular 8 pin connectors:
> [snip]
> Pin - Signal
>   7 -  GPi   (General-Purpose input); connected to SCC Data
>     Carrier Detect (or to Receive/Transmit Clock if the VIA1
>     SYNC signal is high). Not connected on the Macintosh Plus,
>     Classic, Classic II, LC, LC II, or IIsi.

As it turns out , this is not entirely the case for the IIsi. Some of the
early IIsi boxes did not have pin 7 connected, but nearly all of the later
boxes do, in fact, have it connected. I have two IIsi boxes and both have a
functioning pin 7 and are able to do hardware handshaking using the proper
cable.

Pat
--
Embrace the penguin...