Subject: Re: Netatalk and Long Filenames
To: Kadari Mayson <dark3lf@mac.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2001 22:21:19
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Kadari Mayson wrote:
> limitations like the 32 character thing.  Never mind that you are using
> Netatalk on NetBSD's ffs which is a "flat" filesystem which completely
> obliterates Classic and Carbon PEF applications' resource forks (but this is
> also a ffs limitation), you can only store data files, no applications that
> are not Mac OS X Cocoa or Carbon Mach-O "bundles" will even be able to
> housed on that volume. I think the whole point of the discussion was about

FYI, netatalk stores files in AppleDouble format... it handles resource
forks just fine. I just tried running an application (MacOS 8.1 on my
660av and it worked fine.

yerfable ~> ls -l "Disk First Aid" ".AppleDouble/Disk First Aid"
-rw-r--r--  1 khym  wheel  55516 Nov 19 22:20 .AppleDouble/Disk First Aid
-rw-r-----  1 khym  wheel      0 Apr 25  1995 Disk First Aid