Subject: Samba(and OSX off topic?)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Joseph <mjoecups@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2001 16:32:18
Is there no Samba for Net-BSD? What's the issue with that?

I read this list primarily because of OSX.

As a long time Mac user,  OSX has forced me to look at UNIX and how to
get the most from older Mac hardware in a unix environment.

I also run Mac OSX server on a powermac 8500/604 120Mhz, with an extra
ethernet card and 256 Meg of ram. It supports six services for me
files:PC(SMB) and Mac,Mail,DNS,Web,FTP,printer que (for PC and Mac).

I love the fact the this list is so knowledgeable, and I hope that
talking about OSX (in a NetBSD context) is OK.

I realize there is a 68k in the name of the list,   but personally I see
Samba as a general UNIX/Linux issue.

Thanks,
Marty