Subject: Re: Booter net-booting
To: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2001 09:34:43
At 10:07 Uhr +1100 19.11.2001, Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> So, I sat down, banged on the Booter 1.11.3 sources until they built
>> with MPW and added a netboot option via dhcp/bootp and tftp.
>
>	Wow. MPW support _and_ netboot! Excellent.

=8)

I wanted to do something with MPW because I was fed up with MWerks' "Minor
patch release? Let's have a new project format!" policy. Biggest stumbling
block was probably converting the inline assembly to something that the MPW
asm liked.

>	I have downloaded the files, and will start merging the changes as soon
>as I get the Booter 2 "boot from ufs" bug fixed.

Great! You sent me a 2.0 beta snapshot some time ago, but I wanted to start
from a "known good" state. ;)
Changes consist mostly in additions, anyway, apart from the occasional MPW
related #ifdef. If there are any problems, don't hesitate to ask.

	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order