Subject: Re: Netatalk and Long Filenames
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Kadari Mayson <dark3lf@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2001 14:06:28
On 11/19/01 9:33 AM, "gabriel rosenkoetter" <gr@eclipsed.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 08:02:47AM -0500, Kadari Mayson wrote:
>> Yes, use SAMBA, it's easier to set up anyway.
>
> Uh... that's not much of a solution if all you've got as clients are
> macs.

Yes it is.  Mac OS X.1 comes with a built-in SMB client, and you can upgrade
to a professional level client/server solution for X.1 with DAVE 3.1.  There
is also DAVE 3.1 for OS 9 as well as DoubleTalk 1.x.  There are other
SMB/CIFS solutions for X.1: Sharity which is shareware and SAMBA (use
smbmount) which is GPL.  I use DAVE 3.1, it's fast, has a great GUI, and
exports long filenames as well as an easy to configure server.

./km