Subject: Re: pppd answer dial in calls
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T&B <list.mac68k@tandb.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/2001 16:40:00
> I have dial-in working.  All mu pap-secrets entries are of the form
>
> name	*	""	*
>
> I've never figured out how to use the third field, but when I put
> something there, I get trouble.

So does that mean that, like me, you have ppp dial in working and answering calls, but it is not checking passwords or logging who called?

> auth and login let you authenticate with the normal unix user/passwd.

So, does that mean that I should not be using either of those commands, since I just want pppd to check the chap-secrets file? So, how do I make it check the chap-secrets file?

This is driving me crazy, so I would really appreciate some help.

My peers/answer file is currently:

init 'chat -f /etc/ppp/chat/answer'
0.0.0.0:192.168.2.58
netmask 255.255.255.255