Subject: AV Weirdness
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/2001 23:22:12
I'm trying to do an install on a 660AV that I have and it seems there is
some SCSI weirdness going on.

When using the GENERIC-82 snapshot kernel (relatively recent), when the
kernel drops into the installation's single user mode it informs me that it
cannot find ld.so, warns me about using su, and then goes into the shell.
When I do an ls, I get nothing. A pwd indicates that I am in /. When I try
to run a program, again it can't seem to find ld.so but shell builtins
allow me to cd around the directory structure, so the system must have read
at least the directory structure off the disk. It must have also read init
to run it. In fact, I switched to GENERIC-82 because the stock 1.5.2 kernel
dies, unable to find init on boot.

Anybody have clue as to what is going on?

I would test this same drive/setup on a LC 475 that I have but the clock
battery on that unit is dead and it apparently won't boot without one! So
until I can run over to Radio Shack to replace it, I can't run a comparison.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill