Subject: Re: More Newbie questions, Netatalk, syslog and OpenSSH
To: Todd McDaniel <lazymutt@mediaone.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/2001 05:22:29
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Todd McDaniel wrote:

> 1. I installed the netatalk-asun-2.1.3nb5.tgz package. I attempted to
> follow the directions closely. I copied default copies of
> atalkd.conf, afpd.conf and AppleVolumes.default into /etc/netatalk
> and a copy of netatalk into /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk. I then edited
> rc.local with the following lines:
>

> if [ -f /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk ]; then
> 	/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk
> fi

Either supply an argument, as "/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk start", or
simply copy the script into "/etc/rc.d/".

> 3. I'd like to get ssh running on this machine. I see the package
> "fressh-0.8.tgz", but no SSHv2 or OpenSSH. Has anyone successfully
> compiled OpenSSH?

Of course! You are running 1.4.3? NetBSD 1.5 ships with openssh in the
base system. If you are running 1.4.x, the old packages were probably
removed because of some insecurity bug. You can always build your own.

Frederick