Subject: Re: apache performances (finaly)
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=F4me?= Duquennoy <jduquennoy@mac.com>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/2001 14:11:43
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] Jérôme Duquennoy wrote:

> My performance probleme is solved.
>
> After having done lots of tests that were suggested to me, I found
> that the the  bottle-neck was apache itself. In fact, the values of
> the MaxClients was to low to be efficient. I set it far higher (five
> times), and now, it works wonderfully !
>
> Thank you to all who helped me, and I hope this can help those who
> told me they were having the same probleme.

MaxClients was too low?? Doesn't that default to at least 100 or
something? You are running this on an old 68k box, right? You have RAM
enough for this number of connections? (apache prcesses)? I may be lost,
but I don't see how MaxClients was the culprit (unless you had it set to
less than 10 or something). Be aware that if you set this too high your
whole machine will crash when you run out of RAM/swap. I know, I have done
it.

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?