Subject: Re: apache performances
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=F4me?= Duquennoy <jduquennoy@mac.com>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/2001 14:55:13
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am too connected with ADSL, and I guess I have the same kind of
>>setup as you have.
>>I see the same kind of limitations. I don't know the cause of this.
>
>I had though that it could be the ipfilter that have a huge table of
>open connections generated by the keep stat keyword (the server
>receives a huge quantity of connection from RedCode infected
>servers), but the top says there is always at least 80% of the
>processor free ...
>In fact, I don't realy know if the ipfilter (loaded in the kernel) is
>taken in account in by the top commande.

Are your TCP keep state rules followed by flags S?  If not add that
and your state table should drop.  You can take your ipfilter
questions over to that mailing list, Majordomo@coombs.anu.edu.au to
subscribe.
--
Randy Beaudreault

"Spam in a can" - a description of the first astronauts

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"