Subject: Re: apache performances
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=F4me?= Duquennoy <jduquennoy@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/2001 22:38:31
>hi!
>
>What do you mean by 'inside' and 'outside'? (I missed the first part to
>your post, if there was any).

sorry, this was realy not clear. As you have guessed, inside is my
LAN, and outside is the internet.

>If you are
>connected to the internet by ADSL, CableModem or ISDN, all these
>technologies will be much slower at upload than your LAN. Expect a large
>performance hit when trying to access a webserver via ADSL/Cable in the
>upstream direction...

Yes, I know that the upload is limited whith the ADSL, but it is
limited to about 15ko/sec. This is not realy bad IMO ...
My web page take no fewer than 30sec to load from a t1 connected
comuter, whereas DreamWeaver evaluate the needed time to 9 sec whith
a 56k modem and 17 sec with a 24.4 one.
I think my connection is not the probleme...

--
J=E9r=F4me Duquennnoy
15, rue des Moli=E8res