Subject: Re: pppd answer dial in calls
To: port mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T&B <list.mac68k@tandb.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/2001 00:18:08
>> I can't find any documentation on setting up pppd to answer incoming
>> calls.

> pppd(8)
>

> add to peers/answer
> login

Thanks, but that didn't help. At the moment, I've got incoming call answering working, but it does not care if the password is wrong and does not log the name of the user. I have:

# cat peers/answer

init 'chat -f /etc/ppp/chat/answer'
192.168.2.253:192.168.2.56
passive
tty01
persist
login
logfile /var/log/pppanswer

(but login made no difference.)

and:

# cat chat/answer
ABORT   BUSY
ABORT   "NO CARRIER"
ABORT   "NO DIAL"
TIMEOUT 10
""      AT
OK      ATZ
OK      at&f&d0s0=2

If I add the "auth" option to the peers/answer file, I get:

  The remote system is required to authenticate itself
  but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so.
  (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.)

even though I have in my chap-secrets file:

# cat pap-secrets

# Dial in:
tom             *       password   *

So I would expect it to aloow any IP address.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
T&B