Subject: pppd answer dial in calls
To: port mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T&B <list.mac68k@tandb.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/2001 00:35:16
I can't find any documentation on setting up pppd to answer incoming calls. I've set up outgoing calls with NAT routing okay.

Here's what I have to answer calls on my second modem connected to the printer port (the modem port is used for ppp nat dial out):

netbsd# cat peers/answer

init 'chat -f /etc/ppp/chat/answer'
192.168.1.254:192.168.1.56
passive
tty01
persist
logfile /var/log/pppanswer

netbsd# cat chat/answer
ABORT   BUSY
ABORT   "NO CARRIER"
ABORT   "NO DIAL"
TIMEOUT 10
""      AT
OK      ATZ
OK      at&f&d0s0=2

Then I issue:

pppd call answer

which sets up the modem okay and it answers calls. But the log doesn't tell me who called (ie which user in pap-secrets is matched) and I'm not sure whether i need to adjust ipf.conf etc.

For extra points, can anyone suggest how to configure pppd to answer incoming calls or dial out on demand, whichever comes first?

Thanks,
Tom