Subject: Re: Appletalk and NAT
To: David Rogers <drogers@halo7.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/30/2001 18:14:20
--+Hr//EUsa8//ouuB

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 01:28:01PM -0600, David Rogers wrote:
>  I've seen all the talk about netatalk lately and I've been wondering abo=
ut
> one thing.  I have a netbsd nat router with a couple mac behind it.  On t=
he
> external side of the router is an appletalk network with several zones an=
d a
> printer I'd like to connect to.

"What Henry Hotz said."

In addition, the point here is that AppleTalk is NOT IP traffic,
which is the only thing with which IPF is interested in dealing.
IPF never sees it, since it lives a couple layers higher up than
ethernet traffic (which is what AppleTalk traffic appears to be if
you don't have a daemon listening for it).

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--+Hr//EUsa8//ouuB

--+Hr//EUsa8//ouuB--