Subject: What to look out for when adding a new SCSI HD?
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Heath <brian_heath@alum.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/2001 12:23:07
Hi,
    I'm considering either adding a second, external SCSI HD to my existing
IIsi running NetBSD 1.5, or replacing the internal drive with a new, larger
drive. My goal for the additional space is to serve MP3's off the machine to
serveral other machines in my home.
    I was just wondering if there was anything I should watch out for when
buying this new drive. Are there drives that work better then others? Are
there whole manufacturers that I should stay away from? Is there a size
limit that NetBSD will support? Would external be easier or harder (in
NetBSD terms) then replacing the single internal drive? etc...

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Brian Heath