Subject: Re: latest netatalk (was Re: Netatalk AFP performance?)
To: Charlie Allom , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2001 14:21:08
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 15:54 Uhr +1000 25.10.2001, Charlie Allom wrote:
> >Has anyone looked at the latest netatalk on sourceforge? So far it is
> >mainly Linux based, but seems to have more development than the old
> >ASun branch :)
>
> In addition to mainly targeting Lunix, they've converted the build config
> to GNU automake/autoconf "for easier portability", thereby breaking it on
> anything but Lunix.

Autoconf is a great system that works fine on the BSD OSes. If they have
broken it on OSes other Linux I doubt it has to do with Autoconf/Automake,
so much as their implementation.

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?