Subject: Re: latest netatalk (was Re: Netatalk AFP performance?)
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2001 13:44:00
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 15:54 Uhr +1000 25.10.2001, Charlie Allom wrote:
> >Has anyone looked at the latest netatalk on sourceforge? So far it is
> >mainly Linux based, but seems to have more development than the old
> >ASun branch :)
>
> In addition to mainly targeting Lunix, they've converted the build config
> to GNU automake/autoconf "for easier portability", thereby breaking it on
> anything but Lunix. Lots of discussion on the list about rpm packaging,
> problems with the latest suse distrib and about GPLing Netatalk...

On the other hand, is does build almost "out-of-the-box" on
NetBSD/i386. I have a skeletal package with the only tricky things
being

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-config-dir=/etc
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-msg-dir=/etc/msg
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-uams-dir=/etc/uams
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--without-pam

I haven't had time to verify that all the patches from the old
packages have been merged or otherwise addressed, and I haven't even
tried to run it.

Frederick