Subject: What is a "Printer description file"?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Coevoet <mcv@wanadoo.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2001 19:46:00
Hi,

I have a IIsi running netbsd, serial connected with a PostScript
Laserwriter Select 310.  The netbsd box is running appletalk,
as well file server as print server.  On the client mac, I can
select the printer.  When the printer is selected I see I can
modify things by an "Options" button.  The client mac investigates
the printer via the network, but doesn't get any info.  The
client mac asks for a "printer description file".  What is this?
Where can I find such a thing for the Select 310?  I can print
without doing these settings, but I suppose things would go better
when I have this printer description file

Marc