Subject: Just starting out, need some advise
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: E. G. Finegan <edfinegan@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/2001 15:53:49
I'm thinking about taking my old performa 637 and putting netbsd on it.
All I want to use it for is ftp, web serving running apache, and if
possible file sharing to windows and mac systems. In general however it
would receive rather light use. It currently has the 68LC040 which I was
going to replace with a real 68040 off ebay. I also was going to remove
the 350MB hard disk and replace it with one 1-4GB. I also need to find
an ethernet card. I have seen most of these upgrades on ebay for very
little, but as far as the ethernet card I'm not sure which were
compatible with netbsd. If anyone has an ideas for me, or things that
I've over looked please let me know. I've done alot of reading on doing
this but have not actually done so. If any of my plans are not possible,
I would be grateful for you input.

Thanks
Ed