Subject: Xmac68k_color
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Paul B. Lorah <paul@macmaverick.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/2001 19:05:46
Hi all-

I've been successfuly using Xmac68k_color on my Quadra 650 (with
upgraded VRAM) running at 16bpp.  All of the sudden, it stopped working.
 No clues from the Xserver's output... where can I start looking for
problems?  I tried lower color/greyscale levels, even the default
monochrome server, but it won't startx.  The documentation for color X
on mac68k seems antiquated, are there any new resources that could be
helpful?  Thanks.

Also, even with a kernel with OPTIONS UCONSOLE and running xconsole,
AfterStep writes messages to the screen and messes up all the graphics,
any way to get rid of it?

Also-

It appears from list archives and the FAQ that sound is supported in
NetBSD/mac68k.  Can anyone suggest software that could allow me to try
it out?  Thanks.

Thanks!

Paul

--