Subject: Re: still borken
To: Space Case" , "gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/2001 19:39:51
On 10/8/01 7:29 PM, Space Case (wormey@eskimo.com) wrote:

>On Oct 8,  7:34pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>>On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 04:07:30PM -0700, Space Case wrote:
>>> That's in my plan.  If the update to /etc (which hasn't changed in over
>>> a year) doesn't fix it, I'll clear out the libs and bins directories and
>>> do the install again.  Since 1.5.2 on the alternate disk is running OK
>>> and is building -current binaries successfully, I have free reign to beat
>>> on the main system disk. :-)
>>
>>Ewww... Is 1.5.2 using ELF for mac68k? Was it using a.out a year or
>>more ago?
>
>No, still a.out.  I still don't understand why it was working OK, then
>after a reboot, failed.  Something changed, and not for the better...

One thing that seems to have changed is the GENERIC SCSI driver.  After
installing your last snapshot I noticed the system panics when I do a
"shutdown -r now".  I've never had that problem before on this system.
Tried doing a test with a lot of disk I/O to see if the system crashes
under load but it doesn't; just while shutting down.

-bob