Subject: Re: In kernel PPPOE success report
To: Edvard Lauman <elauman@sympatico.ca>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/2001 23:52:02
Le mercredi 3 octobre 2001, =E0 11:37, Edvard Lauman a =E9crit :

> how do set this up? i've been wanting in-kernel pppoe for a while, and=20=

> i was
> even going to write it myself, but due to lack of time (i got a =
fulltime
> engineering job now) and lack of development machine, i didn't get=20
> around to
> it. I have a macIIx with two or three ethernet cards in it, and i'd=20
> love to
> set this up. i'd be most gratefull for any info anyone can provide.

Hi,

It's quite simple.
Get a -current distro.
compile a kernel with:

pseudo-device pppoe

(you will need libbfd.so.3.0, which is not in the last snapshot, but is=20=

in 1.5)

then create one or more pppoe interface:

ifconfig pppoe create

and the read man pppoectl for details on connecting.
You have to set the default route yourself

You can also wait a little to let Martin Husemann commit some tools and=20=

more documentation, which he said he was about to do.

Good luck (it flies !)

Is there a reason we don't have softintr ?
Martin told me it would make in-kernel pppoe more efficient, and allow=20=

support for bridging (not related to pppoe).

Regards,

R=E9mi

--
R=E9mi Zara