Subject: Re: SLIP newbie step by step tutorial (SOLVED)
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/2001 17:47:39
Sorry for the bandwith waste, but I solved my problem
After reading a tutorial for debian linux=20
(http://stp.ling.uu.se/~perweij/debian_slip.html), and noticing that I=20=

did basically the same things that him, I re-read the man pages.
What was wrong is that apparently you have to set the CLOCAL flag with=20=

slattach rather than with ifconfig.
So, for future newbies:
the steps are :
 >slattach -t slip -l tty00 # for modem port, tty01 for printer port
 >ifconfig sl0 inet localaddr remoteaddr up

and set the appropriate default route.

Sorry again,

R=E9mi

Le dimanche 30 septembre 2001, =E0 04:21, R=E9mi Zara a =E9crit :

--
R=E9mi Zara
web: http://www.remi-zara.net/