Subject: Re: Progress Report...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/30/2001 09:00:54
FWIW - I ran into a similar problem a while back that I decided had to
do with something having to do with the .so files.

I don't remember the details.  I was going from system X to system Y,
where the two systems were 1.3.3 and 1.5.2, not necessarily in that order.

I had system X installed and running, and I decided that it would be
quicker to simply inpack the tarballs right on top of the running
system and reboot system Y.

Oops.

The odd part was that what I ended up with was something similar to the
above.  Many commands didn't work.  I messed around some to try to fix
it, because I did figure out that it had something to do with the
.so files/libraries.  I finally gave up, partly because so few commands
worked.

I ended up re-installing from scratch (from MacOS).  Too bad I didn't
keep notes, because this was not -current, but two released systems.

-dgl-