Subject: PHP compiled as a DSO - FIX
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/28/2001 11:33:48
I found in the archives and on google where some people were having
trouble compiling PHP 4.0.6 as a DSO under NetBSD mac68k. I had this same
problem. It kept complaining about an undefined symbol "_finite".

It seems the problem was fixed in newer versions of libtool. PHP uses a
copy of libtool included with it, which is a 1.3 variant. PKGSRC has a
1.4a variant (0614) that works fine. So all you have to do is delete the
libtool that comes with PHP and ln -s (or cp) the PKGSRC libtool in its
place. In the PHP source distro libtool is at the root level.

You can check which libtool you have by doing "libtool --version". If it
says 1.4a xxx you are proabably safe!

Anyway, thought someone else might find that useful.

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks bewteen different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?